- Hired full-time Head of Marketing & Head of Growth, 12 global ambassadors
- Shipped Testnet 4.0 with block rewards, Fast-BFT view change, web3.js support
- Published Overview & Milestones, Annual Letter, Staking Model, 10 translations
- Launched Harmony Puzzle with fast finality & onchain game states
- Participated Scaling Consensus, Krypto & Block Summit at Consensus NY
Our 1-year Journey with Gratitude
Come celebrate our anniversary on June 1st! Harmony has been making consistent progress in the last 12 months. I’ve personally written many letters to you, including:
- Annual Letter (cn, ar, de, fr, kr, id, in, vn, tr, ru, fil, pt) on the extended team of 36, company mission, founding story, marketing narratives, product roadmap
- Milestones (cn) on technical achievements, media traction, signed partners, FAQ index
- 12 newsletters (cn, kr, in, tr, fil) on organic community, open development, strong culture
We’re committed to go far. The team tokens are vesting over 4 years and our unlock starts on Jan 2020. That is a 20-month cliff with a linear release until Dec 2022.
Launching Harmony $ONE with Binance
Our mission is to scale trust for billions of people. Binance Launchpad connects our project to the global community to help execute our vision of creating a radically fair economy for the world.
“Scaling is still one of the key problems of the blockchain industry, which we as an industry should aim to solve in the most effective way possible,” said Binance CEO and Founder, CZ (Changpeng Zhao).
“The ambitious team behind the Harmony project proposes to solve this problem using sharding to parallelize transaction processing. I believe the team’s commitment to opening up blockchain technologies for billions of people will allow them to make a significant contribution to addressing the issue of scaling.”
Launched Testnet 4.0 with Harmony Puzzle
We continue to recruit foundational node operators via harmony.one/opentoken (non-US investors) and harmony.one/coinlist (US investors). The strategic investment earns block rewards but now comes with a longer lockup of 1 year cliff followed by 10% monthly unlock.
Next week we will explain how staking your tokens and running a node in our network will earn block rewards. Harmony Testnet 4.0 will dispense test tokens to our foundational nodes and convert at a fractional value to Harmony native token $ONE.
Our Testnet 3.0 has been stable and producing 220k blocks over 30 days. Testnet 4.0 now features:
- Block rewards with resharding, stress testing with fast tx generator
- View change in our Fast-BFT consensus
- Keystore management support in wallet and node
- RPC service to support web3.js SDK
See some top articles on Harmony this month:
- CryptoPurview: Harmony Developing True Decentralized Scalable Blockchain
- Forbes: Social Media Jacked Your Attention And Sold It, How To Get It Back And Thrive
- CryptoBriefing: Harmony Open Consensus Blockchain Code Review
- Chinese technical FAQ: Decentralized randomness & resharding
- 蓝狐笔记: Harmony区块链的分片扩展之路
- TokenInsight: 对话首席 — — 底层公链展望之Harmony篇
We continue to engage the broader community in Bay Area and online:
- Hosted Google I/O celebration with 30 engineers from KakaoTalk & Google Korea
- Mentored & judged at Berkeley Blockchain demo day
- Completed Qudem AMA with 42 attendees and 28 community questions
- Hosted 50+ guests at Harmony TGI-BBQ with 6 blockchain pitches from Draper U
Scaling Team, Marketing and Growth
Welcome our full-time Head of Marketing and Head of Growth!
Garlam (가람) Won was Head of Global Partnership at ICONIZ, a US-China blockchain accelerator and venture capital firm. He founded a digital innovation firm and advised Fortune 500 firms while at Deloitte.
Online, Garlam has built significant following of 15k+ followers in both LinkedIn and Instagram to build thought leadership and build momentum for information to go viral. In 2018 Garlam was featured on Forbes. He collects life lessons and has 10,000+ notes on Onenote.
Marianne (Mary) Dansker founded Uptimo.biz, a blockchain-focused business development consultancy, helping projects raise over 25 million dollars. She is the head of Disruption Disciples Copenhagen, a top tier networks for executives and has worked with global brands including AUDI, Samsung, Sony, and m.m. on marketing and business development initiatives.
Mary holds a Masters degree in business innovation from Aalborg University. She has won several startup awards and mentors at Tim Draper’s incubator, where she serves as an advisor to blockchain projects.
This month we welcomed 6,000+ new members and 3M Twitter impressions from Vietnam, India, Greece, Ukraine, Philippines and others! We also created 7 language channels and translations, and vastly expanded our community manager/ambassador program, onboarding:
- 4 community managers: Sonny, Arteezy, Shogun, Nikos
- 4 city ambassadors: Gizem, Michele, Spenser, Mei
- 12 global ambassadors: Terry, Ludi, Nick, Navigator, John, Lukas, Remy, Pham, Sai, Yelllowsin, Deepanshu, Leah
During #Consensus2019 and Blockchain Week NYC, we participated in:
- Sharding Consensus with Ethereum, Zilliqa, Thunder
- Block Summit hosted by BitMart Labs, Genesis Block
- Crypto Happy Hour with Global Coin Research & The Information
- KryptoNYC “East meets West” with KryptoSeoul Erica Kang