In March, Harmony delivered products and partnerships that greatly advance our mission of building the future of cross-chain finance.
We achieved critical milestones, including:
- 🌉 Extended our Horizon bridge to Binance Smart Chain (BSC), now with over $8M total value locked on the bridge from both Ethereum and BSC
- 💸 Our community launched two decentralized exchanges (VenomDAO & MochiSwap), with over $30M total value locked and $300M market value since launch
- 💳 We partnered with Simplex to allow users to access ONE via credit/debit card and bank transfer
- 👨👩👧👧 Our ONE family grew to 108,000 on Twitter, 16,500 on Telegram and 11,500 on Reddit
🚀 Ecosystem Product Launches
Our community launched two decentralized exchanges on Harmony with significant traction. VenomDAO launched Viper Protocol, a Uniswap V2-style DEX with SushiSwap staking functionality. MochiSwap also launched a DEX with yield farming on Harmony, bringing assets from their existing BSC community.
Ript.io created a March Madness NCAA tournament to allow users to build a bracket and compete with other players on-chain. In building this app, Ript executed over 1,000 smart contract executions and deployed over 100 contracts on the Harmony mainnet. Overall they spent ~7 ONE ($1.26 at time of deployment) for the entire app. Developers, are you reading this?
Blits launched cross-chain BSC Loans to lend stablecoins on Harmony and Binance Smart Chain. Use ONEs as collateral to borrow and obtain liquidity without selling your ONE tokens! Blits Wallet also added ONE staking for their iOS and Android apps, allowing anyone to stake directly from their phone with a few taps.
Did you get your crazy.one name yet? The community enjoyed their crazy.one urls and many changed their Twitter names, by adding .ONE to the end of their username. To get a 9-character and 10-character domain name, join our harmony.one/telegram and learn how to contribute ONE to the community DAO in exchange for a domain name.
🤝 Partnerships Announcements
We launched our Binance Smart Chain bridge. The BSC-ONE bridge has received high engagement from the community. The Horizon Bridge now connects Harmony to Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain. This enables existing Ethereum and BSC applications to scale and users have bridged millions in assets to Harmony to use on the community DEXs.
We partnered with Simplex to bring secure and global purchases of ONE without needing to sign up for an exchange account. This will make it simple for anyone to use credit, debit cards, and bank transfers to acquire ONE tokens.
DSLA Protocol integrated with Harmony to allow the management of third-party risk by using decentralized service level agreements.
Also, we partnered with Everstake to bring you Harp, a Harmony-Polkadot (Everstake) bridge, on testnet. This continues to expand our efforts to bring cross-chain finance and give users access to the assets and best DeFi products in all the major blockchain ecosystems.
📺 In the Media
- We released Day ONE, our magazine. In it, we researched robot automation, deception economy, self-sovereign identity…for the radical future we are already living in.
- Stephen Tse shared his views on the future of crypto with Francis Suárez, Miami Mayor, which appeared on Yahoo!. They enjoyed a Cafecito together in Miami.
- Harmony was recognized by CoinTelegraph. This month we were featured for our recent partnerships with Reef and Binance Smart Chain bridge.
- We have continued our weekly AMAs with our team leadership and our partners.
We want the community to know that we’re focused on our roadmap and 3 main pillars: Adoption, Interoperability, and Decentralization. Nothing will distract us from that.
Signing off now. We’ve got work to do!
Harmony is the Future of Cross-Chain Finance. Harmony is a fully Ethereum compatible blockchain that allows you to build scalable applications interoperable on any blockchain.
We ❤️ Developers.